Saturday, January 5, 2013

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like...


2013. Fine I'll admit it. Christmas really is over. It's a new year. Blah blah blah.

Maybe if I liked football I'd still have something to be excited about. But as it is I'm detoxing (bye wine - I miss you!), trying not to eat anything 'in a blanket' or 'on horseback' and forcing myself to exercise which hasn't been all that easy lately given the weather.

So indulge me for a second. Walk with me back to that special time of the year when one holiday flows to another like sand through the glass. When champagne is drunk anytime of day for any reason because 'tis the season!' And cookies are baked and eaten as though our lives depend upon it.

Here was our Christmas in a few snapshots.

Christmas Tree...

Christmas Baking...

Christmas Cake (recipe to come)

Christmas Pot Pies...

Christmas Gifts...


Christmas Bone...


Christmas Cactus (and Snowmen)


Christmas at Dad's...


Christmas at Sis's...


Christmas Peekaboo...


Christmas Naps...


Christmas Kolaches...


The End (sad, isn't it?)


2 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Well, if the holiday never ends, then it's not a holiday any more, isn't it ;-))
Looks like you had a great holiday time. I love those b&w snaps.
Happy Sunday!

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Thanks Angie! And you're right - the holidays wouldn't be so special if they lasted all year. I'm just extra sentimental this year for some reason. Happy New Year to you and thanks for stopping by.