Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies. Period. End of report.



...are McCormicks.

I posted these a long time ago but the post was sad, the picture was anemic, and the writing was piss poor. I think I said something like "These are great," which is a slap in the face to these cookies.

If these cookies were a woman, they'd be Angelina Jolie, only they'd have waited for Brad to divorce Jen before pouncing. Actually if these cookies were Angelina, they wouldn't have stolen Brad at all but would have single-handedly repaired their marriage out of the kindness of their butter filled-heart. (They might've even thrown in a baby giving Brad the family he so desired without Jen having to mess up her figure.)

But then again, if these cookies really were Angelina Jolie, then Brad wouldn't have been able to resist them and definitely would've tossed Jen aside. So I guess that makes it a fact then. These cookies are Angelina Jolie in cookie form.

By the way - for some reason McCormick changed the recipe a little on their site. Don't fall for it. Use the old one here.

McCormick's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Makes 20-22 super big cookies (use a big ice cream scoop)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes per batch

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/3 cups salted butter, softened and at room temp
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
4 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
1 package (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use more)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375°F (actually, my oven bakes them better at 360, go figure.) Mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.

2. Beat butter, sugars, eggs and extract in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Gradually mix in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Use a large ice cream scoop to distribute them about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.

3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until bottoms are browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

If these cookies were Angelina Jolie, I would have to eat them all because I wouldn't want them in my house. They might steal Chris from me :) lol
They look fantastic... I'm always willing to try a new chocolate chip cookie recipe, especially one touting that it's the best ever!!

lisa is cooking said...

Well, now I positively have to have a cookie! Or two. They look perfect, and I love the big size.

Angie's Recipes said...

Those cookies look fantastic! Lots of chocolate chips ;-))

Mary said...

It doesn't matter how many dozens of different cookie I make, it always comes back to a chocolate chip cookie for me. I love them year round, cold or hot, baked or not. Chocolate chip cookies just plain make me happy.

Velva said...

Cheers to the best chocolate chip cookies on the planet!

Velva