Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Stiletto Award Nominees.

There are so many wonderful blogs to choose from, this was actually more daunting than I thought it would be. But so many of my favorites (and yours) are uber famous and therefore were automatically out. Can you imagine - "Hi HomesickTexan- here's a stilleto award! Add that to your shelf of trophies including The Top 50 Food Blogs in the World."

Or - "Oh hey there PioneerWoman - I know your book was a #1 New York Times bestseller and all and your entire life may soon become a Reese Witherspoon movie, but here you go..." The same goes for NoblePig and OnePerfectBite, other blogs I wish mine could grow up to be like one day.

Therefore, I chose to focus my nominees on great little blogs that could use a few more eyeballs. Ones you may not have heard of but are very worthy of your attention. SO. My nominees are:

Velva at TomatoesOnTheVine
Velva is a self proclaimed food geek in the best sense of the word. She loves to talk about food and cooking and enjoys everything about preparing a recipe down to the tiniest of details. This sense of devotion comes across beautifully in her recipes which vary from sweet to savory to naughty Friday afternoon cocktails.

Reeni at CinnamonSpiceandEverythingNice
Actually, Reeni's blog is pretty famous in my opinion with nearly 1,000 loyal followers. And here's why - everything Reeni posts is a treat. From recipes you might have forgotten about (but shouldn't have) to new and inventive ones (chipotle corn and potato soup, anyone?) Her passion for food and cooking is infectious and if that doesn't pull you in, her kitchen companion, Moon, will. If you thought dogs were a cook's best friend - think again!

Meg at TheHungryRoach
Don't let the name fool you. Meg's last name is Roach and she writes about real everyday eating out in NYC. Her restaurant reviews are thorough and relevant and contain none of the random code speak you might come across in Zaggat. If you're visiting the city anytime soon or if you live here and find yourself stumped by the overwhelming options, just pop over to Meg's blog and she'll steer you somewhere delicious. And she's not too city-bound to venture to other boroughs like Williamsburg which is a nice bonus.

Mystery Blogger at SinfulSouthernSweets
I adore this blog. It's where I go when I'm feeling hormonal or in need of a dessert recipe and am too lazy to dig out my baking books. You'll want to lick your screen. This lovely lady (whose name I STILL don't know - help) isn't afraid of giving you a sugar rush. And that's just why I like her.

Congrats nominees! Your blogs are an inspiration to me every day! Now I hate to award with baggage but there are a few musts for receiving this... First off, follow this link to learn more about it (which is specifically for women bloggers, sorry fellas...)

Second, have a look at the "Rules":
1. Display the Stiletto badge of honor.
2. Brag about it - post a link to the page to highlight what the award is about
3. Say thanks! Include a link to the friend who nominated you.
4. Share the love-nominate 5-10 more blogs. Leave links to their blogs and leave them a comment so they know they won!
5. Do what you do! Keep at it and keep inspiring others!

Finally, thank you so much again Jenn at JennsFoodJourney for nominating me. It means the world;)

PS - Blogger and I are not getting along right now but I hope to have the Stiletto Award icon back up on here very soon.

2 comments:

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Test.

Anonymous said...

Great job! I love your blog!